Sunday 20 October 2013

Diving Helmet Research






When I first started on my story idea, I want my character to have a prop to make it clearer to the audience where the rig has ended up. The easiest and quickest way of getting this across was to give him a diving helmet. Looking at lots of different images and researching into different designs I originally thought of giving him a larger antique helmet, however I then realised the this would dramatically distract the audience from the facial expressions of the character seeing as the majority of the animation will be silent. 

Out of all of the examples I feel that the best possible design for my character would be the modern glass bowl, because I can rotate the camera angle around the rig and see is head clearly from every direction.



No comments:

Post a Comment