Thursday 23 January 2014

Showreel Research 2D Animation


I wanted to get a collection of research from various different sources, that covers a broad range of skills. This would help me to develop my showreel as my own showreel needs to present a number of different skills, namely background design and 2D animation.

I found that the use of pencil animation worked well in the showreel, it clearly shows a good understanding of animation principles without cluttering the scene with detail. The fluidity of the movements and pace of the music compliment each other and is not too overpowering to distract the viewer. I did find it unusual that a showreel did not include any of the artist's information on a title card or end credits, which I feel is a necessity in a showreel. Finally I love the layout of the reel, the use of short scenes and long full colour animations. This shows a range of skills including character and background designs and emotional story lines that would not have been possible to show in a clip showreel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment