Friday 24 January 2014

Showreel Research 2D Background Design


while researching online I found this background and layout artist's showreel. Looking at the showreel requirements from high end companies, I felt that this met them to a high standard. The introductory title card lasted long enough that it was easy to read and note without having to stop the reel and play it back, and the text was clear and simple without any over the top effects added to it. 

The use of cross fades between scenes created a well thought out flow to the overall piece. The use of animation livened up the backgrounds that were being shown, which made it more interesting and you could see how it would work in an animation film. However some design and concept images could have been added, so that an employer could see that the artist knew the process well enough, and some animation could have been left out because in some scenes the backgrounds were over shadowed by the fast paced scenes. Overall I felt that this would be useful for me to research because it helped me realise the balance between animation in a background design showreel, which I can now think about when designing my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment