Friday 24 January 2014

Researching Showreel Requirements Part 2

While thinking about the showreel I am considering working on 3D background modelling as a career path, I found the website below it be of great help when thinking about what an employer is looking for. This site informated me of all the smaller details and requirements that most companies look for.

http://3d.about.com/od/Career-Resources/tp/6-Demo-Reel-Tips-For-3d-Artists.htm

For example, I have learnt that:
- It is important to provide a simple breakdown of the image, include what software was used to create it and the poly count.
- Have a specialty, but also show a few textures or design processes to show that you are a well rounded artist.
- Do not over complicate a showreel with to many effects, keep it simple and paced out well. Create a showreel that has a good aesthetic appeal.

With this information in mind, I feel that I could easily apply these tips into my showreel.

No comments:

Post a Comment