Thursday 23 January 2014

Showreel Research 3D modelling



The first showreel I'm going to analyse can be seen above and consists of 3D backgrounds. I found the title card introducing the persons showreel was very clear and the effects used were quite simple. The only thing I could see wrong with it would be there should have been more information about them and their contact details. While finding research for my showreel I felt that this was a good reference to use because it flowed really well. I liked that the showreel included the wireframes for the models showing the geometry, this would help to prove to an employer that the models had been created correctly and to good standards. There is a lot of really nice zoom shots of the more intricate scenes, which does work well, however the details seem to be lost in the overall image and there are no close up shots of the smaller details. The showreel is quite short and could have used some small details of animation or character poses to make it more interesting

I did find that the music was very overpowering and perhaps could have been left out and let the images speak for themselves. The information card at the end gives all the information an employer would need and is very easy to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment